As the Continuous Improvement and Quality Management Representative you will be accountable to guide and advance the Company in the areas of Industrial Health, Environmental Safety, Continuous Improvement, Quality and Document Control. You will champion an effort to achieve “Best-in-Class” performance by eliminating waste across all supporting processes while improving delivery, quality, and costs. You will also be expected to focuses on meeting our customers’ needs and enhancing an environment of safe working conditions and continuous improvement. This role will partner heavily with the Management Team and the Safety Committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Effectively introduces process change into our operations by implementing major company-driven projects and process improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with the Management Team to enact change, ensure effective deployment and implementation, drive consistent processes across the company, and focus on best practices.
- Ensures the continuous implementation of Lean practices that enable the company to achieve its goals and objectives in all aspects of the operations.
- Drive operational metrics and identify opportunities through use of key performance indicators that will result in improved operational efficiency, customer loyalty, and employee satisfaction as well as lower costs.
- Collaborate with the Management Team to advance AGR’s Lean strategy, including the development and implementation of the AGR Lean 101 training program.
- Chair the GROW committee
- Develop and maintain the Lean status communication board
- Facilitate 5S throughout the company and ensure maintenance
- Facilitate Kaizen events, and follow-up to ensure successful implementation, closure, documentation, and closeout.
Industrial Health and Environmental Safety
This individual diligently ensures regulatory compliance and advances our safety culture. In this role and in collaboration with the Safety Committee, you will guide the health and safety expectations of the Company to develop the required strategies and plans to ensure on-going compliance and wellbeing of our employees.
- Collaborates with the safety committee to promote a safe working environment through awareness and training. Conducts and ensures completion of both safety and internal audits.
- Key member of the Safety Committee that works to maintain all OSHA requirements.
- Collaborates with the Management Team and Safety Committee to implement workplace health and safety plans and procedures.
- Evaluates health and safety practice and procedures for risk assessments, following all applicable legal guidelines.
- Conducts accident prevention training and health and safety training.
- Works with department managers to inspect and document equipment for unsafe workplace conditions.
- Monitor employee conformity to safety laws and policies.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to investigate accidents and incidents to find cause and take prevention measures for further incidents.
- Suggest solutions, improvements, and prevention steps for safety issues
- Communicates safety goals and incentives and participates in all Safety Committee meetings.
Quality and Document Control
A strong reputation for Quality is an important differentiation in a competitive market, this individual will help to set and maintain organizational standards pertaining to process and procedure documentation, focused on exceeding all ISO requirements.
- Driving results through steering culture change and by engaging all levels to processes and systems that focus on Quality.
- Maintains the AGR ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS), looks to continuously improve the QMS.
- Leads as the ISO 9001 Management Representative, coordinates and conducts ISO Audits to maintain certification. Interfaces with ISO Registrar to ensure continued AGR compliance with the relevant ISO standards.
- Performs, manages and documents internal and external audit activities to support ISO 9001.
- Manages the Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) program, to include root cause analysis.
- Leads the company in Risk Management integration into all departments.
- Maintains the company’s Document Control system.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, or equivalent in related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and working knowledge in lean operations, Safety and Quality.
- Certified Continuous Improvement Champion (CCIC) or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001 – 2015 standards.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety laws and guidelines
- Extensive attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards
- Ability to provide detailed reports and develop safety procedures
- Good understanding of data analysis and risk assessment
- Good organizational, leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate on all required software applications including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to self-start and work with minimal supervision or assistance.
- If driving on company business, must have a valid driver’s license and current
This employee may take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position, consistent with The Arthur G. Russell Company, Inc. policy and sound business judgment.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is available at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands for a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, occasionally to climb, balance, stoop, kneel.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the Manager.