The EPICOR ERP and IT System Administrator’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT System Administrator will analyze all IT related activities of the organization. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization by acting as systems administrator.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Identify and procure the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Provide input into the evaluation of new technical proposals to determine their appropriateness to AGR’s operation.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Installs, troubleshoots and operates e-mail and domain name systems, monitoring and tuning their performance and performing upgrades.
- Assist staff and with difficult application problems; and respond to and resolve end user technical problems regarding equipment, and software performance and capabilities.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT and remain highly technically competent at all levels of IT while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable.
- Develops applications (VB.Net, C#.Net).
- Administers the SQL Server Database.
- Administers the Windows System.
- Supports Sales/Applications Engineering/Estimating.
- Supports Accounting department.
- Supports Epicor ERP System.
- Maintain network system.
- Provide individual and group instruction, as needed, on the use of equipment and software, and on network features.
- Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Manage the implementation of disaster recovery plans in the event of a disaster or emergency that interrupts normal computer system operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work as a team to maximize productivity and quality.
- Provide assistance to others.
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training.
- Be consistently at work and punctual; clock job times accurately.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality System and ISO procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Expert computer knowledge
- Extensive network experience
- Extensive experience using Windows environments and applications
- C# and SQL programming experience
- EPICOR ERP experience
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasional risk of electrical shock.
- Moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is available at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
- Regularly required to use hands for a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit, occasionally to climb, balance, stoop, kneel.
- Frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Good vision and eye / hand coordination.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the Operations Supervisor.
Travel with reasonable notice, for installation, training and service work.
Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.