As a Technical Writer you will become part of a project team. You will have responsibility for creating well-organized, comprehensive technical reference manuals for automated assembly and test systems. You will be exposed to new and interesting projects as each system is one of a kind.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Emphasis on the understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to present complex systems in writing so others will understand.
- Excellent command of the English Language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, ADOBE, Photoshop.
- A self-starter, able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, clerical/engineering environment. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate application of acquired knowledge from Lean training.
- Be consistently at work and punctual, clock job times accurately.
- Familiar with ISO9001.
- Perform all activities in conformance with the AGR Quality Policy and ISO procedures.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Travel with reasonable notice, for installation, training and service work.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field.