The Arthur G. Russell Company, Inc. is looking for highly motivated Vision System Specialists to apply their experience in Vision Systems to cutting-edge manufacturing equipment and high-speed assembly processes. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to AGR’s world-class assembly systems development and to apply innovative automation solutions to equipment for manufacturing AGR products of the future.
AGR is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work with cross-functional teams on vision systems design, deployment and validation in complex assembly machines. The ideal candidate takes a hands-on approach, has superior analytical ability, adept organizational skills, attention to detail and a hunger to learn new things.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Human Resources Manager.
- Work as key link between cross functional teams to develop requirements and provide solutions for both static and dynamic Cognex based high-speed vision inspection systems.
- Drive new inspection system design by characterizing baseline vision performance and capability or improve performance as measured by product quality and tool availability.
- Develop vision system applications including 2D and 3D inspection, AI/deep learning, system setup and calibration.
- Program vision application solutions using common programming languages such as VB, C++, C#.
- Provide direction and mentorship to third party machine/automation suppliers and/or AGR’s Internal machine building team and customers.
- Organize cross- functional design reviews and highlight body of work.
- Prepare vision system specifications, RFQ’s and manage Vendor Proposals.
- Evidence of Exceptional Ability
- Superior practical knowledge in selection of cameras, lenses, optics, lighting, and other hardware for image capture and processing.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and statistical background and ability to understand and explain theory behind vision system algorithms.
- Ability to travel.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock
- Occasionally exposed to moderate noise level
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Material handling equipment is always available.
- Regularly required to use hands for a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit, occasionally to climb, balance, stoop, kneel
- Occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds
- Good vision and eye / hand coordination.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Overtime is on an as needed basis and at the direction of the Control Systems Engineering Manager.
Travel with reasonable notice, may be required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS Degree in mechanical, electrical, computer science or other engineering discipline, with 2 to 5 years of Machine Vision systems experience in automation equipment.
- AIA Basic certification a plus